Sweet Potato Kale Salad
Adding Chipotle will spice things up!
Feel free not to add if you prefer more milder flavors
SWEET POTATO KALE SALAD WITH SPICY CHIPOTLE YOGURT DRESSING
8 cups chopped kale
1 tbsp olive oil
Pinch of salt
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1 can black beans
¼ cup red onion, sliced or chopped
1 avocado, sliced
1 cup Forager Project Plain Unsweetened Cashewgurt
1 chipotle chile, with 2 tbsp sauce from can of chipotles in adobo sauce
Juice from 1 ½ limes*
¼ tsp salt
Pinch of black pepper
*For a less spicy dressing, add more juice from ½ lime
Use organic kale and the best quality beans
Use black or pinto beans
- Combine kale, 1 tbsp olive oil and salt in a large bowl, then use your hands to massage the kale. This will break down the kale, making it less bitter and more enjoyable (yes really!).
- Next, heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a skillet and add the sweet potatoes. Cook sweet potatoes over medium-high heat until they’re tender and cooked all the way through. Meanwhile, heat black beans in a pot over the stove.
- Cut onion and slice avocado.
- Once everything is done, add everything to the bowl with the kale and toss.
- For the dressing: add everything to a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and enjoy!
Serves: 2-4 (2 if you’re eating the salad as a meal, 4 if you’re eating it as a side)