Caramelized Onion And Yogurt Dip
CARAMELIZED ONION YOGURT DIP
3 medium-large yellow onions
3 tbsp dairy free butter
2-3 tbsp olive oil
2 cups Forager Project Unsweetened Plain Cashewgurt
2-3 tbsp chives, chopped
Black pepper to taste
- Peel and slice onions so that they’re in thin strips; set aside.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once butter has melted, add the onions, stirring to coat them with butter and oil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and simmer the onions for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally so that the onions don’t brown.
- Place yogurt in a large bowl, and then pour onions and any leftover oils into the yogurt and stir to combine.
- Last, stir in the chopped chives and black pepper.