Vegan Blueberry Muffins
Use any berrys you like!
Makes 12 Muffins
- 1 cup vanilla Cashewgurt®
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup filtered water
- 2 cups AP flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sunflower or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a muffin tin with baking cups and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine Cashewgurt®, apple cider vinegar, and filtered water.
- In a larger bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Mix together sugar, canola oil, lemon zest, and vanilla extract. Add Cashewgurt® mixture and stir to combine. Stir in the dry ingredients until well incorporated. Be careful not to over mix - a few lumps are okay. Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into muffin tins, filling each cup about ¾ full. Bake for 20-25 minutes until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from heat and allow muffins to cool before removing from pan.