These moist and decadent chocolate cupcakes with chocolate sour cream frosting make just two cupcakes and are unbelievably gluten-free and vegan. Topped with an easy homemade vegan chocolate sour cream frosting for an ultra chocolatey treat- just for two!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 22 minutes
Serving Size: 2 servings
- 1/4 cup gluten-free 1:1 baking flour or all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup Forager Project Unsweetened Cashewmilk, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Forager Project Cashewmilk Yogurt, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
Chocolate Sour Cream Frosting:
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ cup unsalted vegan butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoon Forager Project Sour Cream
- 1 cup vegan powdered sugar
- Optional: vegan sprinkles for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF, and line a cupcake tin with two cupcake liners.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Add in the Forager Project Cashewmilk, vegan butter, and Forager Project Cashewmilk Yogurt. Whisk to combine, just until the dry ingredients are fully incorporated into the batter.
- Scoop the batter into the two cupcake liners evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Once baked, remove from the oven and allow the cupcakes to cool on a cooling rack until there is NO warmth left in the cupcakes. Then you can make the frosting.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, melt the vegan chocolate chips either via stovetop or the microwave until completely melted. Set aside to cool at room temperature.
- To make the frosting, cream together the vegan butter and Forager Project Sour Cream. It’s okay if it splits a little bit. Add in the powdered sugar, and mix again until combined. Then pour in the cooled chocolate and cream together until fully combined.
- Frost each cupcake with the chocolate sour cream frosting, and top with sprinkles if desired. Enjoy!