Forager Project is an organic, plant-based California crafted food company established in 2013. We make exceptionally great tasting yogurts, nut milks, smoothies and re-imagined veggie tortilla chips. At Forager, we believe that the food we eat, is as important as the air we breathe. Food matters. That is why we use our own innovative, well-crafted manufacturing to create exceptional tasting food. Our food principles: be simple, creative & truthful; food craft matters; align with nature; core ingredients are nuts, seeds, ancient grains & vegetables.
We are looking for an experienced Marketing Director with start-up experience to lead many key initiatives on our business including marketing program planning and execution, new product launches, field events and sampling, website and digital campaigns, channel and customer analyses, customer marketing programs, and budget management. The Marketing Director will develop, implement, and execute marketing programs in partnership with external agencies to drive awareness and trial and build loyalty among consumers. The Marketing Director will report to the CMO.
· Lead the development and execution of marketing activation plans from start to finish including managing partner agencies and freelancers to help execute.
· Manage digital marketing initiatives including but not limited to website updates, blog posts, email marketing, paid campaigns, social media, and influencer relations.
· Identify and organize all relevant trade and consumer event participation and sponsorships.
· Work and communicate efficiently and effectively with internal teams including sales, R&D, production, finance, purchasing and production teams to fulfill creative asset deliverables on time.
· Conduct consumer insights and trend reports, category analyses, and competitive assessments to inform marketing strategy, product innovation pipeline, and communications plan
· Contribute to new product launches concept and product development, consumer testing, packaging design, sales materials, launch programming, volume forecasting, etc.
· Perform regular analyses of category, segments, channels, and retailers for our brands and competitors via syndicated and brand data and update team monthly
· Own and manage retailer-specific customer marketing programs and work with sales team to develop and execute programs.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about joining a mission-driven food company, who has a solid with 5-8 years of experience in CPG retail marketing and is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
· Experience with both large (classic training) and smaller (fast paced, entrepreneurial) CPG companies preferred
· Strong leadership skills to not only lead projects and initiatives but to also lead and influence cross-functional teams
Must be highly organized with strong attention to detail, flexible, self-motivated and able to succeed in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
· Exceptional time management and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills to be able to sift through data and create a story from it
· Strong oral and written communication skills – from writing creative briefs to presenting findings to persuading others with facts and insights
· Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and work cross-functionally with other teammates
· Experience with syndicated data and Microsoft applications
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Marketing Director as the subject.